Food tour in Genoa
A culinary tour is a must-do food experience that can be combined with a site visit.
Liguria has always been a land of sea but also of mountains. The scent of the woods mixes with that of the sea and the result is a unique cuisine in the world.Light, delicate but with an incomparable taste that offers the curious visitor a riot of colors and flavors that are already a delight for the eyes when walking through the shops of Genoa or the villages of the Riviera.
During our food tour in Genoa accross the narrow roads of the historical centre of Genoa we will have time to explore and discover the flavours and the recipies of our traditional Cuisine of Liguria.
Here’s what we’ll taste in a private food tour in Genoa:
- Farinata, a dish whose origins are lost in the mists of time, made with chickpea flour, water, oil and salt
- The focaccia to be dipped in the cappuccino
- Pesto, only with Ligurian basil
- La Panèra: halfway between dessert and ice cream
The Pesto Cooking class
Learn how to cook Pesto! In an exclusive Palazzo we prepare the pesto alla Genovese with a mortar. Accompanied by focaccia and Ligurian white wine and to finish with the traditional canestrelli cookies, recipe and surprise included!
Pesto alla Genovese ingredients:
- A clove (small) of garlic,
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pine nuts
- 2 spoons Parmesan Reggiano
- Ligurian extra virgin olive oil
- White wine (to drink while preparing the Pesto)
- Private tour just for you
- The food tour is possible in Genoa, Rapallo / Santa Margherita and 5 Terre
- Duration up to 3 hours
- Tour suitable for small groups (max 8 people)
- Guided tour cost €160 + tastings: around €10 per person
- Our rates are per tour not per person
- Pesto cooking class upon request
- Meeting point and place to be agreed with the guide
- For further information, please contact us via the form below, or via Email or using WhatsApp